Jack Fruit is the only vege cum fruit which we can use with out fearing presence of insecticides and chemicals. It’s a seasonal fruit and Kerala is blessed with the same. It’s a rich source of various vitamins , phytonutrients, calcium, Fructose and minerals.
1. The phytonutrients in Jackfruit prevents spreading of cancerous cells. It also fights against freeradicals which causes cancer.
2. Pottasium present in jackfruit controls blood pressure and thus protects your heart.It also contains heart friendly vitamin, vitamin-b6.
3. The vitamins and minerals present in this fruit reduces the complexityies of diabetis. So diabetic patients can have jack fruit.
4. Beeta carotin, Vitamin A etc present in this fruit is good for your eye.
5.It has been proved that jackaline present in this fruit is effective against AIDS.
There are so many Kerala dishes prepared with Jack fruit. All these dishes are healthy. Here are some jack fruit recipes.
Raw Jack fruit arils (cleaned) – 1
big bowl Grated coconut- 1 cup
1. Cook jackfruit arils with water
2. When its thoroughly cooked add salt then mix it well
3. Add coconut oil and serve it hot with greenchilly-nion chutney.
Jackfruit flesh cut into long pieces- 1
big bowl jackfruit seeds cut into quarters- ½ cup
Garlic- 4-5 arils turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
Grated coconut- 1 ½ cup
Green chillies- 4.5
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves- 1 sprig
1. Cook jack fruit pieces and seeds with water
2. Crush grated coconut, cumin, garlic and green chillies
3. When the jack fruit and seed thoroughly cooked add the cushed mixture, salt, curry leaves to it and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add coconut oil and mix it well, serve it hot with cooked rice or porridge.