Mumbai: As heavy rain continues in Maharashtra, the death toll due to the monsoon has risen to 83. 6 people have lost their lives in the last 24 hours. Two people are missing. 95 people were relocated. So far 353 people have been evacuated. Ghatcharoli was the worst affected.
Schools and colleges declared a holiday in Uttar Maharashtra’s Nashik. Residents and traders in flood-prone areas have been asked to move to safer places.
The district administration informed us that road traffic has been disrupted in many villages due to floods. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde said that necessary steps have been taken to ensure the safety of the people. The Chief Minister said that the assistance of the State Disaster Management Force has also been reached in the affected areas. As many as 7 houses were destroyed while the road traffic to 8 villages of Palghar district was blocked.
A red alert has been announced in five districts of Maharashtra because of the possibility of heavy rain. An orange alert is in place for Mumbai and Thane till Thursday.