Google, the world’s most popular search engine, celebrated its 25th birthday on September 27, 2023. The company was founded in 1998 by two Stanford University PhD students, Larry Page and Sergey Brin.
Over the past 25 years, Google has grown from a small startup to one of the most powerful and influential companies in the world. The company’s mission is to “organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.” Google has achieved this mission by developing a wide range of products and services, including:
- Google Search: The world’s most popular search engine, Google Search helps people find the information they need online.
- Google Maps: A mapping and navigation service that helps people get around the world.
- Gmail: One of the world’s most popular email services.
- Google Drive: A cloud storage service that allows people to store and access their files from anywhere.
- Google Chrome: The world’s most popular web browser.
- Android: The world’s most popular mobile operating system.
In addition to its consumer products, Google also offers a wide range of business products and services, including Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, and Google Ads.
To celebrate its 25th birthday, Google released a special Doodle on its homepage. The Doodle featured a timeline of some of Google’s most important milestones, including the launch of Google Search, Gmail, and Maps.
Google’s 25th birthday is a milestone for the company and for the tech industry as a whole. Google has played a major role in shaping the way we use the internet, and it will continue to be a leader in the tech industry for many years to come.