Ernakulam: At least seven people were in the hospital after eating Kuzhimanthi in Ernakulam Paravur. The health department of the Majlis Hotel in Paravur was closed due to food poisoning. The health department said that strict action will be taken after the investigation.
Three people from Majlis Hotel in Paravur, who had eaten Kuzhimanthi last night, sought treatment first thing in the morning. The Paravur Government Hospital officials informed the health department and sealed the hotel. Later, four more people sought treatment. It was informed that they also ate Kuzhimanthi from the same hotel. With this, the number of people who sought treatment increased to seven.
In the past few days, the food squad had inspected the hotels in Paravur. These included majlis but no old food items were found. The health department said that strict action will be taken after investigating the incident.